A Nice "Cooked Meal" in Genoa, Italy



Getting around Genoa was difficult
because of all the tight alley ways
We arrived at Genoa and my first glimpse of the city on the train was mud, water and streets. We got of the train and it begin to rain. It was cold and our luggage was getting wet so we hurried to the metro station. We took the metro to our hotel which was only one station away. Thanks goodness it was an American hotel because our hotel in Nice wasn't that nice. A Holiday Inn! I was so excited to finally sleep well and have a nice large bathroom. We settled in and then we were ready to go out.

First we rode the metro to Piazza de Ferrari. Piazza de Ferrari had a big fountain in the middle and mommy joked that she was going to ride a Ferrari when she got there. We took some pictures but then I said that I was really hungry, so we went to look for some food. Mommy led us to a little road that was supposedly for restaurants but all of them were closed! My stomach hurt a lot from hunger and we couldn't find anything. From the distance we saw a restaurant that was open. Unfortunately, on the way there some one threw a cigarette at mommy from one of the apartments above us. It burned her jacket and now there is a black hole.

Enjoying my Pesto with Pasta Sauce. 
After living off of sandwiches,
it was so nice to have a
"cooked" meal.
When we finally arrived, the restaurant was, indeed, still open so we went inside to see the menu. I was so glad to be in Italy. After a week of living on saladas and sandwiches, you do not know how good something "cooked" tastes. I ordered some pesto sauce pasta and mommy got a focaccia bread sandwich with bacon and a ton of cheeses, and grandma got a vegetarian pasta. Pesto sauce was created in Genoa so I was interested to see how the original tasted. It was salty but otherwise way better than the USA one. 

After dinner we stopped at a gelato and I got one fondue extra black chocolate and one pecan fudge scoop. It was so good I could literally bathe in it. The chocolate was super strong but I love super strong chocolate so I was okay with it.

In front of the Palazzi dei Rolli,
which is a group of palaces in Genoa
We took some pics around the aquarium and at the water. The water was stinky we rushed the pictures and then went inside to go to the bathroom. After that we walked around the places and took some more pictures. 

My jaws were starting to hurt from smiling so much but it was worth it. The palaces were so beautiful and the buildings were all carved and had paintings. I was amazed. 

We went back to the metro station to go back. It was time for some rest and to get ready for our next stop: Pisa!









0 Response to "A Nice "Cooked Meal" in Genoa, Italy"

Post a Comment