,
| Grandma and me in front of the
Basilique Notre-Dame de Nice
|
First we decided to go eat because we were all really
hungry. Luckily, there was a butcher shop next door. We bought a delicious rotisserie chicken and ate it with gusto.
| I got absolutely soaked at the park! It was so much fun. |
After eating, we went to beach (yeah!) and I headed right for the water. Unfortunately, the beach was made entirely of rocks. I was really surprised because I had never seen a beach that was not sandy.
| I get to enjoy something new at the McDonald's in Nice |
Even better there was park right next to it! There was a swing- like a chair that when you pushed it, you started spinning around and around. I got so dizzy. The park was so fun and had unusual rides.
We stayed there a little bit then we got hungry again. It was time to eat! We stopped at a McDonalds and got the Le 280. Le 280 is a baguette with tomato, ketchup, mayonnaise, meat and pickles. It tasted so good and for a side dish I got chips and to drink, a vanilla strawberry shake. After eating we headed back to the hotel to get some sleep.
| Grandma and me standing in front of all the expensive yachts in Monte Carlo. We didn't get to see any movie stars, though. |
The next morning we woke up early to start sightseeing.
The first thing we did was get on the train to go to Monaco. I was so excited
because I have always wanted to go to Monte Carlo. What I really like about the
train ride was that it only lasted 17 minutes. When we arrived, we took pictures
of this pretty church that was located right outside the exit of the station.
Then we went to the Marina, which is a place where all these expensive looking
yachts were. We searched them for famous people but sadly I didn't see anyone.
After that we just walked around the casinos and took pictures of the pretty
landscape and buildings. We did some
shopping for souvenirs and then we left. It was time for the beach!
| Posing at the Monte Carlo Casino |
Back in Nice we spent most of the day at the beach. I
loved sitting down on the rocks even though it was not that comfortable. The
waves started out small so I scooted down to the beginning of the water because
I didn't want to get in completely.
This was such a bad mistake because if you can believe, they got much bigger and begin to crash into me. I got water in my eyes, mouth and ears. It wasn't that nice. But I had great time and was so sad to leave. It was my last day in France. Next stop Italy!
This was such a bad mistake because if you can believe, they got much bigger and begin to crash into me. I got water in my eyes, mouth and ears. It wasn't that nice. But I had great time and was so sad to leave. It was my last day in France. Next stop Italy!
0 Response to "Nice and Monte Carlo: Playing on the Beach in the Côte d'Azur (French Riviera)"
Post a Comment