,
| Me and Grandma in front of the Town Hall in Basel |
The first thing we did after
getting off was to get some money at the bank. In Switzerland they use a
different currency so we had to change our Euros for some Swiss Francs.
After that we headed to the city center to take some pictures. There was a beautiful cathedral. It was colossal! There were tombs right beneath us that were so ancient. I was a little scared because there were circling you. It was like another floor beneath the church. The ceiling was covered with intricate patterns and so was the floor. Any sound you made echoed so I had to be extra quiet.
After that we headed to the city center to take some pictures. There was a beautiful cathedral. It was colossal! There were tombs right beneath us that were so ancient. I was a little scared because there were circling you. It was like another floor beneath the church. The ceiling was covered with intricate patterns and so was the floor. Any sound you made echoed so I had to be extra quiet.
When we finished there we went to the town hall. The town hall was red and had gold mosaics I think. It
was really hard to see because it was so tall!
| Mommy and Grandma in Basel with the Rhein River as a backdrop |
The thing that struck me most about Basel was that everything was
really really expensive. One sandwich at McDonalds was 18 dollars! Mommy's hot
dog was 6 dollars! I bought a bottle of water that was actually kind of small,
but it cost 4.50 dollars. I guess you probably have to be really rich to live there.
| This must be the most expensive McDonald's in the world! |
After eating, we did some shopping for
souvenirs and boarded our train back to Mulhouse. Luckily, we got there with four minutes to spare. Our time in Basel was fun and
nothing like I had ever seen before - especially the price of normal hamburger!
0 Response to "It's so Expensive that I could never live in Basel, Switzerland"
Post a Comment