,
| Here I am in front of the Cologne Cathedral |
We took the metro to
Barbarossaplatz. Our hotel was called ibis hotel because there are three
versions- ibis styles, ibis budget and ibis hotel. Our room had one single bed
and a double bed.
We dropped off our luggage and went outside to go see some monuments that were nearby and also grab some lunch. We ate at a sandwich place and I got a bagel/sandwich. It was so good!
We then went off to Appelhoffplatz
where all the main sights were. we saw Kolner döm (Cologne Cathedral) and them
went inside it. It was so beautiful! There was stained glass and many detailed
statues , my favorite part was the gold alter because it was so pretty!!!!
| The stained glass inside the Cathedral was amazing and made up for the disappointment of the Cologne Museum later that day |
After that we went to the cologne museum.
I thought it was going to be like the one on house hunters but no. It was only
a small museum that had a few photos and paintings and some old bottles of
cologne. I have to admit I was very disappointed. I thought it was going to be
huge and they would let you sample different perfumes. On the way out, I saw a
fountain that was running clear water. I thought It was just regular water so I
stuck both my hands in it. This turned out to be a huge mistake. It was
Cologne!! My hands were now heavily scented by orange. Not just any orange but
stinky. Luckily, the smell wore off and now I have normal smelling hands. But
it probably stuck to me for two days.
| Locks, Locks and More Locks! |
0 Response to "Cologne Museum - Let me Retract That Favorite"
Post a Comment