Frankfurt on a cold day...after the jet lag


In front of the Galleria.  I always wondered what
things German people shop for at the mall.
We arrived at Frankfurt around 9:30. My eyes were red and I could barely move because I was so tired. We passed through immigration and went outside to wait for our shuttle. The shuttle took us to our hotel in 15 minutes. Our hotel was awesome and so was our room. There was a double bed and single bed by the window. I wanted the bed by the window, but when I tried to sleep I couldn't because the noises outside wouldn't let me sleep. I had to trade places with grandma. We took a nap mostly because I was so tired that I was acting like a zombie. I slept a good four hours, but then we had to wake up and start sightseeing.

Modeling a German World Cup Jersey
We walked down the street to get to the metro station that would take us to the center. It was so cold! Finally we got on the metro. I love riding the metro because if you sit by the window, you can see the tunnels rushing by in a blur. We were in the suburbs really far away and really close to the forest so it took quite a while to arrive. The city was huge and so beautiful that we took a ton of pictures. First we went to the galleria. It was far from the metro station that we were at, so we had to take another one to get there! Outside there were some protesters. We walked away from them because we were worried that they could become violent.


The first  floor for us was for cosmetics and iTunes cards. The second was the ladies department, the third was for the men's, the fourth was for like furniture, the fifth was the children's department, the sixth was the sports department and the very top was an organic restaurant. Almost all the bathrooms charged money to use and to be honest they weren't really that nice. We didn't buy anything, but I had a fun time trying to translate the different board games that they had.

Grandma and me in front of the Frankfurter Roemer,
the site of Frankfurt's city hall since 1405
Then we went to the old part of the city, took some pictures, and walked down the river. It was so peaceful by the river. But that was it! We were exhausted so we headed back to the hotel for some beauty sleep. Zzzzzzzzz.......




0 Response to "Frankfurt on a cold day...after the jet lag"

Post a Comment