Very Quick Day Trip in Verona, Italy


Beating the heat is so
important in Italy
We set out of Venice and arrived at the Verona station around 12:00 pm. It was sunny outside so I popped on my OSU cap. We needed to drop off our luggage at the station because we didn't have a hotel in Verona. We were going to stay in Milan. The drop off was 6 Euros a piece which I thought was quite price to hold our luggage.  We decided we didn't want to pay that much for a small backpack so we took out everything heavy and just carried it around with us. 

First, we visited a castle that had a big fountain. It was so fun to put my hands in the water because the heat was unbearable.  The water was freezing so I put a little on my arms and my legs to freshen up.

After that, we walked around the plaza and took some pictures. We stopped to eat at a restaurant. They sold  something like empanadas. The bread was so soft and the inside was great! I made the mistake of ordering some spinach and a ricotta one, but mommy gave me some of hers, and it was delicious. To drink, I got a lemon fanta. I didn't get full because I ended up giving mommy my spinach one and she gave me half of hers. We sat down to eat by a lamppost because it had a cement block big enough for the three of us. 

Grandma and me at The Arena amphitheatre in Verona

In front of the
San Zeno Maggiore in Verona
After eating, we went to the Cathedral. It was so dark inside and smelled a lot like candles. The walls were painted and carved. We took a lot of pictures but we couldn't use flash because it was prohibited. 

After that, we went to a market where I bought my souvenirs. I bought a snow globe and 2 postcards. 

The house where the Juliette from Romeo and Juliette was nearby so we decided to walk there. The entrance was full with people and the crowd kept swarming around it. The house was huge! There was a big gate with a lot of locks on it and a statue of Juliette.  We took some pictures around but I didn't get near Juliette statue because there was a big line in front of her. Unfortunately, we had to hurry out because our train would be leaving soon for Milan.

Standing in front of the
Britney Verona fountain
in the
Piazza delle Erbe
It was getting close to late in the evening when we arrived at the Milan station so we took  a metro bus to Garibaldi.   From Garibaldi we got on still another bus to our Hotel. It was pretty confusing but luckily we got there without getting lost. 

Our hotel in Milan was just outside the bus station and was called Hotel Hermitage. It was a four star hotel, but I would rate it a five star compared to our last one. We didn't plan to do anything after arriving in Milan so we just stayed at the hotel and ate our dinner. Actually it wasn't that much of a dinner, just some olive oil crackers, oranges and bananas. The next day would be our last full day in Italy.



Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend too much time at 
Juliet's House and Balcony because we had to catch the train to Milan


0 Response to "Very Quick Day Trip in Verona, Italy"

Post a Comment