,
We left Milan and arrived at Zurich and I was so excited because it was
my second day in Switzerland and on this trip, my last day in this country. The train ride was so fun and
relaxing. The landscape was so
gorgeous . There were tiny villages all around the Swiss alps and every once in
awhile you could see big waterfalls,
gushing white foam and clear water. I spent most of the ride snapping pictures
and taking video.
When we crossed the boarder from Italy to Switzerland, you could feel the weather began
to change and soon it turned chilly. I was so glad for a break from the boiling
hot sun! I had to put on my jacket when we arrived because now it was not just
a light breeze but biting cold winds.
| Grandma and me at the Schanzengraben which is a small canal in Zurich |
| Grandma and me laughing it up in front of
St. Peter Church from Lindenhof
|
Our hotel in Zurich was supposedly just ten minutes from
the train station so we decided to skip the bus and just walk the whole way. But looking back, it
was a lot more than ten minutes! I was tired and my arms ached from carrying the
luggage around. When we finally arrived, we settled into our room at Ibis budget again. I was so lucky
that we got a bunk bed! I didn't claim the top bunk this time because I had had some
troubles sleeping on the bunk bed in Strasbourg. I took a quick shower and so did mommy, then
we were off to go sightseeing!
As you probably know, Switzerland is really expensive.
But unlike Basel, this was far worse. First, we went to Grossmünster church. It was
so pretty and we took a ton of pics. There were two big towers on each
side. We crossed the bridge and we took
a moment to admire the view of the city. There were lots of swans in the river.
| Grandma and me at Bahnhofstrasse which is one of the busiest and best known shopping streets in the world |
Next, we stopped at Fraumünster church. This church one only had one tower and on it there
was a big black clock with gold hands and numbers.
Nearby, there was the Old
Town. It was so clean and felt as if we were in a whole other century, the
buildings were all made of different materials and even the street signs were
written differently.
Before we knew it, it began to rain! After it calmed down,
we did some window shopping. I was amazed at the prices. One pair of
sandals were 280 CHF and a jacket was
560 CHF (1 CHF is about $1.10 in the US). I could buy the exact same
quality of the sandals at an Old Navy and the jacket wasn't that pretty. I hope
those fashions don't come to America anytime soon.
| $150 US for a pair of sandals! That's just way too much. Looks like I won't be doing any shopping in Zurich. |
In the evening, we ate dinner at McDonalds and again the prices were
incredibly high. Our small meal was 30 CHF.
We shared a box of chicken and some small fries. The drinks were 9 CHF
alone! After we finished eating, we headed off to a supermarket to buy some things for
the next day. Luckily they sold some souvenirs so I bought a postcard and a
magnet. No snow globe this time. Then we went back to the hotel to get a good
nights sleep. Next stop: Stuttgart!
0 Response to "Zurich: Scenery was great but the prices are shocking"
Post a Comment