Milan: Closing out our Italian Journey...It's been fun

We woke up early in Milan to start sightseeing as we only had one day in this incredible city.    The Arco Della Pace was pretty close to our hotel so we walked there. I bought some potato chips and a water at a supermarket. The Arch looked a lot like the Arch of Triumph in Paris to me. 


Standing at the Arco della Pace
on the opposite side of the castle


Grandma and me outside the
Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie
basilica
We took some photos and then moved on to our next destination, Santa Maria alle Grazie Basilica. The original last supper by Leonardo de Vinci was in there, but people say there is nothing left of the original painting because they have restored and repainted it hundreds of times. An expo was nearby, so we just took some pictures. I bought an aranzia granita. Aranzia means orange. My granita was delicious.

After the granita we stopped at the Monastero Maggiore. I thought it was pretty small at first, but then I realized that it stretched a long way. The entry had a lot of pews and paintings near the altar. We took some pictures then went to the next room. The doorway was so short! I don't think that my dada could get through without having to bend down. The next room was gorgeous too. In the middle they had a big wooden bench for the chorus and on the walls they had very old paintings. One was of the world before Adam and Eve came. The next one was Noah's ark. The rest were about Jesus' passion. My favorite was Noah's ark, because the animals were so detailed and pretty.

Grandma and me at
the Duomo di Milano,
the city's incredible Gothic cathedral
One the way to the Duomo we walked down Via del Mercanti. I was so fun because they had all these different flags hanging in the corner of the streets. After watching Eurovision I knew quite a lot of them and I kept looking for America and Mexico. It turned that they were at the very end! I took some pictures and then we continued the avenue to the Piazza de Duomo.

The Duomo is a majestic building located around the main part of the city. The Duomo is so beautiful! It has big towers and everything is so detailed! We went to go and buy some tickets to go to the top. I was trilled to go inside because I thought that it would be just as pretty, if not more than the outside. The officers at the entrance would not let you in if you were wearing a tank top or spaghetti strap or if you were wearing shorts. Luckily even though I was wearing shorts they let me in! 

Standing at the top of Duomo di Milano

At the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
which is an incredible shopping mall
It was really dark and you couldn't see that much. Pictures were not allowed. After we looked around we then went to the top. The view was spectacular! I took video and a lot of pictures. Sadly I had to get down so that we could go to our next stop which was the Leonardo da Vinci statue. We took some pictures at the Piazza de la Scala and soon we needed to look for a place to eat. 

We ate at Burger King and I got a delicious burger with some crunchy fries. After that, I went downstairs to go get my last gelato. I was so sad!   Our Italy adventure was coming to an end and it was time to get some sleep. Luckily, We made it just in time before it began to rain cats and dogs. Next stop: Zurich!

0 Response to "Milan: Closing out our Italian Journey...It's been fun"

Post a Comment