Not a Game of Hide-n-Seek

Mommy outside the Anne Frank
house a long time ago
I am looking forward to seeing the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam.

Anne Frank was a well known victim of the holocaust.  She was born June 12, 1929 in Germany.   When she was very young her family moved to Amsterdam.

During that time Adolf Hitler tried to make Europe a continent  with only people that looked a certain way and people of certain beliefs. After losing World War I, Hitler blamed all the Jews.  Anne Frank and her family were Jews. Hitler made a promise and never kept it (that promise was to help people during the great depression, but he didn't do it).  Then he became a ruler or should I say a cruel dictator.   Hitler, Japan and Italy became allies and planned to conquer the World.

Life was good for the Franks. Otto was a good business man. The two sisters were going to school and Edith was a housewife. But then bad things begin to happen. Jews were not allowed in some parks or go outside from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, and not even go to some schools.   They couldn’t go to the movies. Anne was devastated. She loved going to the movie theater.    The family still found ways to have fun. Anne and Margot's grandmother came and visited them quite often.  Sad times came when her grandmother died.

Anne Frank and her family went into hiding in an attic and lived in there for two years.  She was fifteen when they had been discovered in their attic on August 4, 1944.  She died in a concentration camp few days before the liberation.  Only her father survived the Holocaust.

That's my Anne Frank preview and I look forward to see her hiding place and I will take some pictures and write some more.


1 Response to "Not a Game of Hide-n-Seek"

  1. Rebecca T. Says:
    June 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

    The Anne Frank house will be very interesting. You are a great writer, Rivers! I look forward to reading about your tour through the house and seeing some pictures of it.

Post a Comment