Chilling out with Julie Andrews in Vienna

Rivers and Grandma at Stephansdom cathedral
When we arrived in Vienna, it was very late (our plane got delayed for 2 hours). We got off the airplane and went to get our luggage. The pick-up-luggage room had lots and lots of people waiting. There were machines in every corner waiting to be used. The belts swirled around non-stop. There were loud clatters every once in awhile. We waited and sure enough our luggage was the last one to come on the belt.  After we got our luggage, we headed to a machine with the word ‘Cat’ printed in large letters at the top. We bought tickets to get on the Cat. Just my luck. We missed the train and now we had to wait for 30 minutes.

When we arrived at the train station I noticed how clean it was. We chose some seats and we tried to find ways to pass the time. When we got on the train I noticed that the train was neon green and the white color made such a good contrast with the green it looked really cool. This train was also a double decker so I chose a seat on the top layer. We got off at a station which was also very clean. We then took a map and went to the metro. When we got on the metro I stood up with a heavy sigh. All the seats were full so we had to stand up. We got off at a metro station and walked onto the street. The houses looked creepy at night. It was very dark so when we arrived at the hotel’s door I was glad to get in.


Puppet show in Downtown Vienna
We got our room and went to the elevator. We did not know how it worked. We finally figured it out and went to our room. I flopped on the bed and looked at the TV in our room. It said ”Welcome Ms. Mayra we hope you enjoy your stay. I wondered about how they did...I soon fell asleep.

Early the next morning we got up looking for a place to buy breakfast. We soon stumbled upon a market with lots of people selling things and lots of people buying things. We walked about the busy market looking at marvelous items.  We found the food section and bought a hot dog with mustard, two breads from a bakery, iced tea and coffee.


Rivers in front of the Schonbrunn Palace

We found the metro station inside the folds of the market and went to go to the Stephansdom.  The Stephansdom is a cathedral in central Vienna. We stayed on the metro forever. When we finally got off at a station and went up the escalator I noticed that I recognized this place from the Samantha Brown show. We walked a little until we ended up looking at a towering building - The Stephansdom. It was a very pretty cathedral although it looked awkward on some spots. In some places the building was shining like gold. In some parts it was dull and gray. They were cleaning it I guess. We walked around and bought some souvenirs. We also went to a toy store and watched a puppet show on the street. We also took pictures at a beautiful fountain.


Rivers and Grandma in front of the MuseumQuartier
After central Vienna we went to the Schonbrunn palace. This palace was very beautiful and I loved it. I wish that we could take pictures but they made a rule that you could not take video or pictures inside the palace. When we entered I noticed a woman in a wedding dress and it was sleeveless. The awkward thing about it was I thought that it was the coldest time of the day.  In the palace I loved the colors and style but I do not think that I could live like that


Rivers at the Gardens of the MuseumQuartier. 
It felt like being in Alice in Wonderland
.
When it was almost dusk we went to the museum quarter and took a picture with an elephant and walked upon beautiful gardens.. As we strolled in the gardens I said I felt like Alice in Wonderland because of the beautiful scenery.

We had dinner at McDonalds and then went back to the hotel. After all we needed sleep because Berlin was waiting for us!

Overall, I thought that the Palace was very beautiful and I liked how clean the city was. The weather was a little cooler than I thought it would be and I felt sick there.

0 Response to "Chilling out with Julie Andrews in Vienna"

Post a Comment