What is a mummy doing here in Paris?

Rivers and her umbrella and
beret at the Arc de Triumph
This blog entry will be a little different than the others.  As you have probably noticed I have went in time order.  But in Paris if I went in time order it would take me about 6 or 5 blog entries.  So on this one I will just write about some of my favorite things we experienced.

Let’s start with my favorite sight.  The Arch De Triumph.  This was a little surprising to me because I thought that the Eiffel Tower would be my favorite. To get access to the Arch De Triumph you have to go in a tunnel under the road.  You purchase your tickets and then go up the Arch. There are no elevators so you have to take the stairs. If you look up the flight of stairs it looks spiral-shaped. And it seems as if it goes on forever.  But it is not as many steps as we thought.  It was raining when we entered the Arch but it stopped raining when we reached the top.  The view was great and I thought it was magnificent .  I liked that they had several maps that indicated what direction to look to see the most important sights in Paris.   




Rivers at the top of the Arc de Triumph
looking at the view over Paris

Rivers at the Louvre - home of the Mona Lisa
The Louvre museum was very interesting with lots of paintings and sculptures. And my favorite section was the Egyptian Antiques where I saw a real mummy. As I stared at the mummy I had a funny feeling in my stomach.  I don’t know why but I think I was a little frightened.   I read that in ancient Egypt when they were preserving the mummies they took their brain and heart out of their noses with a big hook.  We also saw beautiful crowns in the Neapolitan Apartments with real emeralds and other wonderful jewels. The crowns belonged to Louis XIV and his son Louis XV. We also went to see one of the most famous paintings in the world - the Mona Lisa.  This room was so crowded that you could barely get close to the painting.  But we managed to get some good pictures.


Rivers and Mommy outside the Eiffel Tower
When I first saw the Eiffel Tower I finally knew I was in  Paris.  I was so happy to be there.  But the only thing missing was Dada - I wished that he was there to share this moment with me.  I was a little overwhelmed by how tall it was in real life.  But still it was very beautiful.  We took a lot of pictures and they all turned out great.   I wanted to go to the top of Eiffel Tower.  So we went to go buy tickets.  And to my dismay there was only one elevator working.  And the line to use the lift was 3 hours long.  So we decided to take the stairs.  But only me and mommy decided to go. Grandma stayed behind because she thought that she should conserve her energy for the rest of the walking in Paris.  There were so many steps that we had to take a break every 2 minutes it felt like it.   We finally reached the first  floor.  But we still had to go all the way to the second floor.  So we trudged up to the second floor.  We were very tired when we reached the second floor.  But it was worth it.  We walked around the deck taking in all the beautiful sights.  And we stayed up for a little bit.  They were shops and restaurants on the second floor.  We looked around at models of the Eiffel Tower, then we decided to go back down.  Going down the steps was a lot easier and faster.  We got a postcard there and mailed home to Dada.  It was a beautiful painting of the Eiffel Tower and they stamped with their very own special stamp.              


Rivers at the Palace in Versailles
The Versailles Palace was very beautiful.  When you first see it you would think that is very grand.  Once inside, the palace is very fancy with gold on the walls and many other luxuries.  All the rooms that we got to see were very enchanting.  Although a lot of the palace was damaged and most of the furniture  was sold, they manage to recreate and recover a lot of the rooms.  They use the grand ballrooms for concerts and balls and people that attend get to dress up just like they did on the old days.  My favorite room was the breakfast room; I loved the colors they used on the furniture and walls.  It seems like it was more cozy than the other ones.  The royals used this palace as their home for the summer.  I don’t think it was as much of vacation because they brought about 1,500 people with them.  The gardens seems like they were miles and miles long.  They were so green and full of flowers in different shapes.
 

Enjoying a chocolate crepe at the park
And before I finish I just have to talk about the food In Paris.  Everything that I tried was delicious.  The crepes were wonderful and I just felt like I was in Crepe heaven.  My favorite was nutella and strawberries.  My second favorite was ham and cheese or what local people call “Parisian Crepe”.  They are to die for. Delicious!

I have not yet finished my Paris review because tomorrow will be a surprise entry.  If you have a child or if you are a child and going to Paris this year I’ll say you have to go to this place. 

0 Response to "What is a mummy doing here in Paris?"

Post a Comment