,
| Rivers at the Asian Deli with her Bubble Tea |
We found the metro and to my surprise there were little drawings on the metro window of the Brandenburg gate and hanging from pegs were magazines and books. But no one bothered to look at the magazines. The metro looked a lot different from the other cities I had visited. When we got out of the metro station it felt a little warmer. I did not take off my jacket though. We walked until we saw a sign announcing the hotel’s name. We entered and checked in. We went up to our room and mommy settled in as I explored the room and bathroom. The bathroom was tiny and the shower was very small. I found a candy by the bed and popped it in my mouth. We then took a nap.
| Rivers at the Berlin Wall with the stands in the background |
| Rivers and Grandma at the Brandenburg Gate |
| Rivers at Checkpoint Charlie which separates the East and West |
The next morning we slept in a little. We went to the market and then across the street to eat breakfast. I got a berry strudel with sugar coating on top. Mommy got an apple strudel and grandma got a croissant . After our delicious meal we went to see Checkpoint Charlie. We walked around buying some souvenirs. And then we went to a McDonalds. It was pretty much like any other McDonalds except that they sell bubble tea at the cafe.
| Rivers at the Berliner Dome |
We then went to the Berliner dome and then we went to the museum island. We took lots of pictures at both plaace. The buildings were pretty. We went to a fountain called Berlin’s Tiergarten. We then went to the metro and went back to the big department store Ka de wi. We looked around and I played with some puppets but then we went back to the Brandenburg gate.
| Mommy and Grandma at the Reichstag - home to the German Parliament |
Berlin was great and I liked the breakfast place across the street because their strudels were so delicious. I also liked the department stores because many of the outfits were fashionable yet different and modern. But I looked forward to the warmer weather in Paris.
August 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Dear Rivers, I am so very proud of you!
August 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM
As Principal of your school, I was so very excited to read that one of our students would be documenting their travels aboard during the summer months. I was able to spend the month of July with my family in the Boston area, and upon arriving home recently, I couldn't wait to read about your trip to Europe with your mom! I enjoyed not only reading about the many wonderful experiences you had, but also that your grandmother went with you as well.
You are an amazing student, Rivers, and I am proud to call you one of my students!
Love,
Mrs. Babine
August 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Mrs. Babine, thanks so much for following my blog. I tried to learn as much as I could about Europe and I look forward to starting school and the third grade.
Rivers