Rome: Great food but Blazing Hot

Enjoying Pizza in Rome
We arrived in Rome in the middle of afternoon. Before we landed I saw a brilliant blue sea flow onto a sandy shore. When we got on the train to take us to the hotel I noticed that the train was covered in big bubble letters. I shook my head and sat down. After a while I started to doze off.  I woke up with a shock as mommy shook me. I sat upright and looked out the window.  When we got off at a stop I looked around at the walls of the station. It was a peculiar sight with fishes and ducks all painted blue and green. We got out of the station and walked to the hotel.

When we entered the hotel I leaped and ran to a huge comfortable blue chair.  After we checked in we went to our room. We had troubles opening the door but we finally got in .It was a comfortable room just the right size. I found the bed and closed my eyes.  After resting a little, I climbed onto the window and closed the curtains around me. I had  the perfect view from the window. When I stared down I shuddered. We were so high from the ground. After settling in we went out of the hotel and into the city.


Rivers and Grandma in the Vatican City
We went to the metro station and waited.  We got on the metro after about 10 minutes. After the ride, we walked down a skinny street and into a brown building.  We rang the bell and the door beeped. We entered and came to a small outdoor square. We walked around it and entered a room. There was a desk with a Priest  in it and a Sister with a small group.   We went to the Priest and he gave us tickets to see the Pope.  We sat in the chairs as the Sister finished her speech.  When the group with the Sister left, we walked over and listened to her speech.


Rivers in front of the Colosseum
After we left the U.S Visitors Office we walked on until got hungry. We found a pizza place and peered in and then got ourselves some great pasta and delicious pizza.  We sat down at an outdoor table and started eating.

After that delicious pizza  we went to the fountain of Trevi. The blue water looked so beautiful. Such a pretty blue, the perfect shade. I throw a coin in and then we started our way to the hotel. We stopped along the way so that I could have a bracelet with my name on it. It only took three minutes to make the bracelet. Then we went to the metro station to start our way back to the hotel.

The next day, we got up early the next morning to go to see the Pope. We took the bus to the Vatican city. When we arrived I saw a huge crowd waiting to get in through security. We waited  forever.   When we finally entered I saw many barriers lining the way where the Pope would pass on his Pope mobile. It was so sunny today that people put rain umbrellas over their heads so that they would not get sunburn. But the worst thing was that they put the chairs outside so we would have to sit in the sun for 4 hours. We sat down and held up the umbrella for shade. I sat down and started to read my Anne Frank Diary. Then the Pope came on his Pope mobile and everyone was tripping over their seats and running towards him to catch a video or picture of him. We received that day a very special blessing.


Rivers at the Victor Emanuel Monument in Rome
After leaving the Vatican city we went to go get a panini. A panini is a sandwich. Well, mommy and grandma got a panini but I did not want one because it had tomatoes. We soon found a restaurant and bought some lasagna and coke. After the lasagna we went to the Colosseum. I asked a lot of questions there and we saw bones of many animals in glass cases. After that we went to a hill to take some pictures. Then we took the metro down to the hotel where we watched some TV.  Of course, we did not understand anything but we did have fun with it. Then we dozed off.


Rivers and Grandma in front of the Pantheon
The next morning we went to the Saint Peters Basilica. But you had to wait for two hours to enter.  So instead we went to the Roman Forum and Palatino to see the ancient ruins.  After the ruins we went to see a monument. It was called the Victor Emanuel Monument. Then we went to the Pantheon. Many people were inside  looking around in wonder. We took many pictures. Then we went to the Spanish steps. We went all the way up. Afterwards we were tired from walking so much. It was a long day and we returned to the hotel so we could get up early that next morning.

Day broke and the first thing we did was go to the Vatican city to go to Saint Peters Basilica. When we entered I looked around in wonder. It was made with marble with many other precious materials. We waited so we could pray by John Paul the seconds tomb. After we finished at the Basilica we went back to the hotel so we could check out.   We took the train to the airport so we could go to Vienna.

I really loved Rome - especially the food.  Although the city was old, it did have too much graffiti and the heat really bothered me.   I could hardly wait to get cooler weather in Vienna and see the palace there.

0 Response to "Rome: Great food but Blazing Hot"

Post a Comment