Starting out in London with Butterflies in my Stomach

I loved riding the double decker buses in London. 
I always went to the top of the bus.
The second I set foot in London I knew it was going to be different. When we were waiting in line to pass Immigration I noticed the ceiling. The ceiling had blue neon lights in the shape of a circle. After we got out of the airport I was just about ready to collapse on the floor and go to sleep. But Mommy dragged me out of the building without giving me a chance. We walked a little ways until we found the Tube station.

We waited for what felt like a million hours. Finally we got on the Tube and there was no one in the rail car we got on.   I sat down and as the train zipped through parks, tunnels and roads and as I began to take in the view around me, we finally got off at a station.  We then caught another train that took us to South Kensington Station where our hotel was. When we were crossing the street we had to look both ways even though they wrote with white paint look left or look right.

Mommy and me in front of
Big Ben and Parliament
We checked in and went to our room. When we got on the elevator my stomach felt queezy. We unlocked the door and I jumped on top of of the bed and then layed down and closed my eyes. But Mommy woke me up because we had sights to see. On this day we went to London girl. It was a little smaller than your living room and it did not have a lot of clothes, but luckily they had the outfit I wanted the most. I ended up getting two doll dresses and and two dresses for me. The outfits were all the same with my doll and I getting a Marie Antoinette and a butterfly costume.

There is one thing I learned about London . It is a busy city. There are many kinds of transportation in London. There is the Tube or London underground and Double deckers buses which are my favorite type of transportation because if you sit at the top of the bus you can see everything.  There are cars, trams and docklands light rail and of course, walking.
  

The London Eye was my favorite
as you could see the entire city

We saw a lot of sights in London like Tower Bridge, Big Ben & Parliament, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Piccadilly Circus and the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. My favorite was the London Eye because the view was great from the top. We saw Saint Paul’s cathedral in the distance and a train station, Big Ben and many other wonderful sights.

When  we were there in London, the city was preparing a big celebration. The Queen was going to celebrate the anniversary of sixty years of being Queen! They called it the Diamond Jubilee. You can see flags and even plants in the shape of a crown all over the city.   At Harrod’s (a famous department store), you could see a copy of the dress that queen Elizabeth wore on her coronation day - through the glass window.    Harrods had designed a display of crowns by many different designers. They were so crazy but some of them very beautifull.   Inside Harrods, there were pretty carvings which showed Egyptian paintings. You should have seen it!   You would need a whole week to explore it all! At Harrod’s we bought some strawberry tea and strawberry chocolates.  

Later on in the visit we went to see a musical called Michael Jackson’s Thriller. It was loud and I had to use earphones to block out a little bit of the sound. I liked the musical as it had lights, dancing and great songs. By the time the musical was finished it was twelve o’clock at night.   We hurried up but we stopped along the way and bought a belgian waffle with chocolate sauce and M&M’s. What a treat!  We got on the tube and went to the hotel.

Here I am at Oxford and the cafeteria the
famous Harry Potter scene was based on.

One day we traveled to Oxford which is home to a very famous university.  It was started in the year 1231.  We also saw many strange sights there and famous ones like the cafeteria in the Harry Potter movies.    We also went to the Alice Shop where everything is Alice in Wonderland.  I bought myself a book with wonderful illustrations and puzzling quotes and riddles.

The last day we were in London we went to Notting Hill which is a shopping square full of people selling clothes, scarves, antiques and even food.   The weather was very cold. I bought myself a crepe with nutella and fresh strawberries. I bought some souvenirs and a snow globe.   I was so sad to leave but a new city was waiting for me.

0 Response to "Starting out in London with Butterflies in my Stomach"

Post a Comment