Grandma's Impression of Europe, Part Deux



QUESTION: Which trip do you like like better this one or the previous?

ANSWER: I liked them both because they were both very different trips. I thought i would never experience something like this. The first time everything was brand new to me and we got to see all of the big cities. This time, we stayed a lot longer and I got travel by train, which is something I have never done in my life.

QUESTION: Did you like visiting the big cities or the small ones?

ANSWER: I liked the small cities better because you get to see a lot more in a shorter period of time. This trip we had a whole month to see everything so it felt like we had a lot more time to just sightsee, try different foods and get to know more about the countries.

QUESTION: What was your favorite city in Germany?

ANSWER: I would say Cologne because I loved the weather there, the food was very good, the people were friendly and I loved all the sights that we saw. My favorite part was the riverwalk that had the hohenzollernbrucke bridge. The bridge was so fun because of all the locks that people had left on the railings.

QUESTION: What was your favorite city in France?

ANSWER: I loved Lyon! It was so beautiful, and I absolutely loved the cathedral. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life. The decorations inside the church were so amazing and the outside was just as good. I really liked the weather there and the city was not that big but it had tons to see. The food was awesome, too.

The Cathedral was Grandma's favorites sight in Lyon, France
QUESTION: What was your favorite city in Italy?

ANSWER: My favorite has to be Venice. I loved the way the city was laid out on the water and all the canals that ran through the city.I didn't even have to worry about traffic or transportation because everyone walked. And italy has the most tasty foods in the world and the gelato is out of this world. My favorite site was Piazza San Marco.

Grandma enjoyed walking the streets in Venice
QUESTION: What did you think about Poland?  

ANSWER: I like it because it was affordable and there was a lot to see. The food was delicious, the weather was so nice, lots of beautiful buildings and I got a chance to see where John Paul II was born. That was the highlight of the trip for me. I also was glad that we got to see Auschwitz because I didn't know a lot about the Holocaust before this trip but  it was so sad to learn about all the suffering the jewish people went through especially the children.

Seeing where the Pope was born was the highlight of the trip for Grandma
QUESTION: Did you get any souvenirs that you like?

ANSWER:I got a lot of souvenirs that I liked and some trinkets for my family in Mexico. My favorite was the John Paul II keychain that we got in Wadowice. Also a beaded glass bracelet from Venice. And I am so sure that the boys are going to love the chocolates that we got for them.

QUESTION: What was your least favorite city?

ANSWER: I would have to say that it was Zurich, but it isn’t that I don’t like it. It just doesn’t have that much to see and for me it was really expensive. I could never afford to live there. But I was really glad that we went and see it. It was a good experience overall.

0 Response to "Grandma's Impression of Europe, Part Deux"

Post a Comment